Your Lying Eyes

Dedicated to uncovering the truth that stands naked before your lying eyes.

E-mail Me

Twitter: yourlyingeyes

22 May 2006

Time To Get Serious

Do you want to sit back and watch America transform itself into Latin America right before your eyes? Why anyone would want this is beyond me - particularly people from Latin America, since I assume they came here expecting something different. Why else would you leave your home country? To escape endemic poverty, corruption, lawlessness, and domination by an elite white minority who skim off any wealth the nation can manage to produce or by a leftist demagogue - not to find the same thing here.

Well that is the direction we are surely headed unless we can stop this insanity in Washington now.

Contact your senators and congressmen and tell them to close down our southern borders and not normalize the current 12 to 20 million illegals. We cannot afford to have 100 million new low-skilled immigrants flooding into the country over the next 20 years.

Find your senator here. Find your congressman here. Contact them and let them know what you think. Spread the word - ask your friends to do the same. Even if you're ambivalent, I hope you at least realize that whatever action is taken now will be essentially irreversible. The stakes are just too high. They're like children playing with matches in D.C., clueless as to the terrible consequences of their actions. We need to let them know we're watching them.

Thanks to Randall Parker for pushing this along.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Represenative Bart Gordon (my district) sent a email to me after I contacted him via email and told him what a bad idea (and political suicide) to support an increase in immigration from 19 mil to 103 mil would be (and the haphazard too-short border "fence" also.

Believe it or not, he wrote me back a long letter and pretty much agreed with me in somewhat evasive words. He advocates a fence across the entire border. I advocate an Israeli-style wall and would be willing to send the government 500 bucks of my money to finance my few square feet of it (but thats another story). The house is our hope in this, as Ive almost given up on the senate (but I did email both of mine anyway).


This is what Bart Gordon sent me back by the way:





May 23, 2006


Mr. M
903 Turlough Ct
Smyrna, Tennessee 37167

Dear M,

Thank you for contacting me about
immigration reform and amnesty proposals.
Hearing from you helps me better represent
Middle Tennessee.

I share your concerns about recent
proposals by the President and others to
grant amnesty to illegal aliens. It is
certainly unclear how effective an amnesty
program would be at ending (rather than
encouraging) illegal immigration. Amnesty
sends the wrong message. Instead of
deterring illegal immigration, amnesty would
only add to the problem by encouraging more
people to cross our borders illegally in
hopes of someday receiving amnesty
themselves. This could cost taxpayers
billions of dollars and put a severe strain
on our nation's social services programs
designed to aid the poor, elderly and
disabled.

I believe that our country needs to
enforce its immigration laws, not allow a
massive new influx of aliens. One way to do
that is by adequately funding enforcement
activities, a move I have supported. That
is why I am co-sponsoring a variety of
immigration bills. H.R. 4313, the TRUE
Enforcement and Border Security Act,
provides for the construction of a border
fence along the entire U.S. / Mexico border.
H.R. 4032 expands the use of expedited
removal proceedings for illegal aliens
detained throughout the entire country
(currently expedited removal is only
utilized for illegal aliens detained within
100 miles of the U.S. border) and prohibits
banks from providing mortgages to illegal
aliens. H.R. 780 provides funding for a 20
percent increase in the number of border
patrol agents each year from 2006 through
2010.

In December, I supported H.R. 4437, the
immigration bill which passed the House of
Representatives. This bill does not include
any kind of amnesty or guest worker program.
Rather, it provides for strengthened
enforcement of our immigration laws and
enhanced border security. It stiffens
penalties for a variety of immigration law
violations and cracks down on employers who
hire illegal aliens at high cost to American
workers.

Please know that I am listening closely
to Middle Tennesseans on this matter and I
am working hard to address the serious
problems in our nation's immigration system.
Rest assured that when this debate returns
to the House of Representatives, I will work
to ensure that any legislation passed by
Congress is right for our country and right
for Middle Tennessee.

Stay in touch,
/s
BART GORDON
Member of Congress

P.S. Sign-up for E-News. Receive e-mail
about important issues and services for your
family. Just log on to my website at
www.house.gov/gordon and click "Subscribe to
E-News".

May 23, 2006 6:50 PM  
Blogger ziel said...

Good Job, Mr. Middle Tennessee! I've sent mine off to my Rep. Mike Ferguson, a bit of a NorthEast weenie, but we'll see. I didn't even bother with Lautenberg and Menendez - might as well send it to Hugo Chavez as them.

May 24, 2006 8:37 AM  
Blogger FuturePundit said...

Ziel,

You definitely should send messages to the most staunch Open Borders advocates. Otherwise they will think their voters think like they do.

May 24, 2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger ziel said...

Yes, you're right Randall, I will do that.

May 24, 2006 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home