Your Lying Eyes

Dedicated to uncovering the truth that stands naked before your lying eyes.

E-mail Me

Twitter: yourlyingeyes

07 March 2007

I'm Back

Sorry I haven't posted in quite awhile (in case you noticed), but I was on vacation (skiing in Steamboat Springs, CO) and then, on my return, found that the thing I feared most next to the plane crashing did indeed happen - my laptop with my whole financial world on it had crashed, requiring my undivided attention for several days. I will post about both these tonight. The time was not a complete waste, however, as the Anna Nicole Smith affair has apparently been resolved to the full satisfaction of the media. For some reason, her finally being buried was the signal to stop the 24/7 coverage, even though the paternity issue, which I would have thought to be the one somewhat interesting aspect of the story since half-a-billion dollars are at stake, is still unresolved. Anyway, to make up, I pledge to post everyday this week, no matter how uninteresting the topic or irrelevant and uninformed my commentary.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your promised work this week could be no worse than I have come to expect from the NY Times. And reading your website is free.

March 07, 2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger Dennis Dale said...

Something like this happened to me once; in one fell swoop I lost my entire financial plan and all legal paperwork pertaining to it.
To this day I still wonder if that lottery ticket hit.

March 08, 2007 3:17 PM  
Blogger ziel said...

That's pretty good Dennis - a Leno-quality quip - unfortunately it will be viewed by what- 10 people?

March 08, 2007 7:45 PM  
Blogger Dennis Dale said...

If two of them laugh I will feel completed. Sad isn't it?
You should see my numbers. The harder I try the lower they go. I think there's a lesson to be learned there. Of course the real lesson, the only lesson, is to stop putting energy into blogging and get on with more useful, or at least profitable, work. Alas.

March 08, 2007 8:19 PM  
Blogger ziel said...

I think the right prioritization of energy is
1) preventing bankruptcy or major forfeiture
2) blogging
3) any housework necessary to prevent wild animals from entering the house
4) entertainment (drinking, tv)
6) thinking about doing profitable work

March 08, 2007 10:21 PM  
Blogger Glaivester said...

Priority #5: Learn to count.

March 10, 2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger ziel said...

Counting is optional, don't you think?

March 11, 2007 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home